Monique and I got into travel blogging to share our passion for travel and hopefully help fellow travellers with some tips of our own. Along the way we have met so many amazing people through the blogging community who have helped us grow our blog from something only for friends a few months ago to a blog we are proud to share with the world.
It is also how we received this Liebster Nomination from Dream, Book, and Travel. They run a great blog looking at great cultural trips and travelling as a family. Run by Anca and Sinan it is a blog worth reading! We were really excited to receive our nomination so we can share a little about ourselves and our blog in a creative way.
Before we get into the 10 questions we have to answer we thought we’d speak a little about our blog. Monique and I run MC Adventure Blog together so here are 10 quick facts about us you may not know.
- Our first real conversation started in an audition room and was predominantly about Terry Pratchett.
- We grew up 5km apart but didn’t meet until university.
- We have acted together in our own theatre piece that wasn’t half bad.
- Halloween is our favourite time of year.
- We started skydiving together a few years back and only stopped because it was getting too expensive.
- We completed our Advanced Open Water scuba course together in Bali.
- Our first real holiday was a road trip across South Africa.
- Monique got me to start drinking coffee and eating sushi.
- Chris is the master chef of the couple.
- We LOVE tea.
So now onto the 10 questions from our Liebster Award nomination:
Our Liebster Nomination Questions!
- Which character from a movie or book do you think would follow your blog (It can be a fantasy/sci-fi character).
- If that character were to read your blog, which post would be their favourite post?
- Would you take that character with you on one of your trips and where would you go?
- If you could choose any one animal to guide your travels, what animal would you choose and why?
- You have 2 paths to choose from, one is bright and well-travelled, the other is dark and hardly used, which one do you choose and why?
- You meet a stranger in your travels that offers to give you any one super power, what would you choose?
- You find a genie’s lamp on your adventures, it offers you 1 wish, what do you wish for?
- You are out at night and get hopelessly lost, a stranger offers to guide you home. Do you follow the stranger or keep trying to find your own way?
- You decide to write a book about your travels, what do you title it?
- Which celebrity would you choose to narrate your travel story?
Our Nominations for the Liebster Award
No Fixed Home – We love following Charlotte and David on their travels. They support a lot of the same ideals of sustainable travel as we do and it is a lot of fun to read their stories. Make sure to visit their blog and read some of their great stories.
Massie Bros – Jacques and Paulo run an energetic and fun blog with fantastic tips and travel advice. Definitely check out their blog for photography advice and great travel stories from South East Asia.
Go Travel Bug – Rose is a fellow South African blogger and she blogs about all things South Africa, off the beaten path. For a great blog that uncovers the history, culture, food and other facts about this beautiful country, make sure to check it out.
Family Well Traveled – Follow Lance and Amy on their family travels around the world. For great tips on family travel and learning from their own lessons, check out Family Well Traveled.
Lets Go Somewhere, McKinney – Dan and Lisa are baseball and softball coaches who use their free time to explore. They want to inspire other couples with full-time jobs to still explore so make sure to check out their site.
Backpacks & Bicycles – Jen and Mel are two outdoors enthusiasts who packed up everything and set out to travel. For amazing travel photos, great stories and useful tips make sure to visit their blog.